Our April Staff Spotlight features Lucy Goldsmith! Lucy is a long-time Chippy whose enthusiasm for camp continues to grow summer after summer. Campers and staff alike are drawn to Lucy’s silly, fun-loving attitude. She is a hardworking, energetic staff member who we hope will be a part of our staff team for many more summers to come. Thanks for all you bring to camp, Lucy! Read below to learn a bit more about Lucy’s camp experiences and life in the off-season.
1. How many summers have you been at camp?
2022 will be my 9th summer.
2. What cabin were you in during the summer of 2021?
I was in Boots!
3. What is your favorite part about being a counselor at CRC?
Getting to spend the summer where I am the happiest. To get paid to be at the place I love the most doesn’t seem real, but this is the best summer job. I love getting to help shape my campers’ camp experience in the same way my counselors made me become obsessed with camp.
4. What was your favorite memory from the summer of 2021?
Making up my campers’ Lip Sync with my co-counselors. It was so fun to make up and teach to our campers!
5. What is your favorite camp memory of all time?
When my age group won Lip Sync during our Trailriders summer!
6. How do you stay in touch with your camp friends during the year?
We hang out together when we are home from college and also keep in touch by texting and calling each other throughout the year!
7. What are you most looking forward to in the summer of 2022?
Getting to spend time with all of my best friends and campers 24/7.
8. What do you do when you are not at camp?
I am in a sorority (Sigma Delta Tau) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Some of my favorite things to do are Pilates, bake/cook, and play with my dog. Recently I got really into the Marvel movies and have finished watching almost all of the movies!
9. Anything else you want to share with your Chippy family?
Take advantage of every second you have at camp because it goes by so so quickly!