Our November Staff Spotlight features Jordyn Valfer! Jordyn is a caring and hardworking counselor who always has a smile on her face. She works hard to ensure that all campers get the most out of their camp experience, and we love having her as a part of our staff team. We are so excited that she will be back for summer #7 in 2023. Thanks for all you bring to Chippewa, Jordyn! Read below to learn a bit more about Jordyn’s camp experiences and life in the off-season.
1. How many summers have you been at camp?
I have been at camp for 6 years. 2023 will be my 7th!
2. What cabin were you in during the summer of 2022?
In 2022, I was in Cactus!
3. What is your favorite part about being a counselor at CRC?
My favorite part about being a counselor at CRC is getting to know all my campers and developing strong relationships with the staff.
4. What was your favorite memory from the summer of 2022?
My favorite memory from the summer of 2022 was being in charge of Tan and White, and becoming so close with my age group.
5. What is your favorite camp memory of all time?
It is really hard to pick just one, but I think it was Kahuna Day during the summer of 2021 because I was the captain of my team, and I had so much fun cheering and leading my team. It was a huge bonus that we won, too!
6. How do you stay in touch with your camp friends during the year?
During the year, my camp friends and I text and FaceTime all the time! We also try to hang out as much as possible so we can all hear about each other’s lives!
8. What are you most excited about for the summer of 2023?
I am most looking forward to being back at the best place on earth and spending time with my age group, campers, and co-counselors.
9. What do you do when you are not at camp?
When I am not at camp I’m on the Deerfield High School field hockey team, and I’m involved with different clubs at my school. I also love to spend time with my family and friends!
10. Anything else you want to share with your Chippy family?
I am so excited to be back at Chippewa for the 2023 summer. I’m counting down the days!