Our October Staff Spotlight features Erin Elliot! Erin is a hardworking, patient and thoughtful part of our staff team, and over the past several summers she has brought dedication and enthusiasm to the CRC community. As is evident from her answers below, Erin loves her campers and Chippewa- and the feeling is mutual. We are lucky to have you as a part of our CRC staff crew, Erin! Thanks for all you bring to camp. Read below to learn a bit more about Erin’s camp experiences and life in the off-season.
1. How many summers have you been at camp?
2. What cabin were you in during the summer of 2022?
I was in Lucky-X.
3. What is your favorite part about being a counselor at CRC?
Being a counsellor at CRC is truly the best! Constantly being surrounded by my campers and friends makes me so happy. I love being outdoors doing activities and singing in the Mess Hall for the Tan team!
4. What was your favorite memory from the summer of 2022?
Watching my campers do their Lip Sync! I had a tear in my eye because of how proud I was of them. They were fantastic!
5. What is your favorite camp memory of all time?
My favourite camp memory of all time has been seeing my previous campers thrive as CITS this past summer. They were all brilliant and have turned into amazing young women.
6. How do you stay in touch with your camp friends during the year?
I stay in touch with everyone through social media over the year. We have group chats and are currently arranging a big international meet up for the end of the year. I can’t wait!
8. What are you most excited about for the summer of 2023?
In summer 2023 I am so excited to celebrate my International 5 Year with some of my best friends, Milly, Olivea and Cara!
9. What do you do when you are not at camp?
When I’m not at camp, I love going out for food with my friends. I love going to the gym and go to a bootcamp 3 times a week which includes running and different circuits in order to keep up my fitness.
10. Anything else you want to share with your Chippy family?
Chippewa has truly been the most amazing experience EVER! I have made so many memories and so many friends for life. I have learned a lot about myself and built many skills that I will take with me in my life and career.