Our January Staff Spotlight features Talia Cohen! Talia is someone who brings laughter, enthusiasm and Chippy spirit everywhere she goes. She has a contagious energy and everyone wants to be around her- campers and staff alike. Talia is a dedicated counselor and her love of CRC is felt by all. We are so glad to have Talia back in 2022, and are lucky to have her as a part of our Chippewa community! Read below to learn a bit more about Talia’s camp experiences and life in the off-season.
1. How many summers have you been at camp?
2022 will be my 10th summer!!!
2. What cabin were you in during the summer of 2021?
I was in Trailriders in 2021.
3. What is your favorite part about being a counselor at CRC?
My favorite part about being a counselor at CRC is that no matter how old you are, you can connect with any camper, any age.
4. What was your favorite memory from the summer of 2021?
My favorite memory from the summer of 2021 was being an advisor for Kahuna Day! Go St. Patty’s!
5. What is your favorite camp memory of all time?
My favorite camp memory of all time is winning Lip Sync Lakeview summer.
6. How do you stay in touch with your camp friends during the year?
My camp friends every single day are constantly texting in our age group chat. And we set up weekly Zoom calls to catch up!
7. What are you most looking forward to in the summer of 2022?
I am most looking forward to seeing my campers do amazing in Lakeview and have the best summer ever!
8. What do you do when you are not at camp?
When I am not at camp, I am usually working out, eating a lot of food, or studying for school.
9. Anything else you want to share with your Chippy family?
Chippewa is just the most amazing place where you will find your forever friends!