Our February Staff Spotlight features Olivia Garber! Olivia’s love for CRC shines through in all that she does. She is an incredible counselor who is loved by campers and staff alike, and her silliness and thoughtfullness make her a go-to for campers who need anything from a laugh to a hug. We are so lucky to have her as a part of our Chippewa community. You rock, Olivia! Read below to learn more about Olivia’s life at home and at camp.
1. How many summers have you been at camp?
2021 will be my 9th summer!
2. What cabin were you in during the summer of 2019?
I was in Wagon Ridge! I love being in the Tri-Cabin- I have lived in all three cabins!
3. What is your favorite part about being a counselor at CRC?
I love making memories and spending time with my campers. Laughing with my campers is always so much fun! I also really enjoy being able to show my campers how much I love Chippewa.
4. What was your favorite memory from the summer of 2019?
My favorite memory from summer 2019 would have to be the Fourth of July. I love the carnival because I get to spend time with not only my campers but also my age group. Finishing the day off watching fireworks and eating kettle corn with my campers is the best.
5. What is your favorite camp memory of all time?
This is so hard, but I would probably have to say our Mackinac Island camping trip with my age group when we were in Trailriders. Those three days were some of the best days of my life and those memories still make me so happy.
6. How do you stay in touch with your camp friends during the year?
During the year I love to text my friends and FaceTime them as often as I can. I love hearing about what everyone is doing, especially now that so many of us are at college.
7. How did you stay connected to CRC during the summer of 2020?
I went to the Chippy Zoom campfires and Zoomed with my campers and my age group. Also, my age group had some socially-distanced hangouts (shoutout Dani for driving on the highway so we could go to the suburbs).
8. What do you do when you are not at camp?
Currently, I am a student at the University of Michigan. I just joined my sorority, Chi Omega, so I’m so excited to be involved in Greek life! I also love spending time with my friends and family. Now that I’m living in an apartment, I’ve recently started cooking!
9. What are you most excited about for the summer of 2021?
I’m SO excited to be back together with everyone. I can’t wait until we are all laughing and smiling together again. After the past year, I couldn’t imagine anything better to do than spend my summer at camp!
10. Anything else you want to share with your Chippy family?
I CAN’T WAIT FOR SUMMER 2021! And for Cathy’s, of course.