Our November Staff Spotlight features Eliza Mann! Eliza is a fantastic addition to our CRC staff. She brings enthusiasm and care to her cabin, the sailing docks, and the camp community in general. She is hardworking and thoughtful, and her genuine love of Chippewa is evident in all that she does around camp. We are lucky to have you as a part of our CRC staff crew, Eliza! Thanks for all you bring to camp. Read below to learn a bit more about Eliza’s camp experiences and life in the off-season.
1. How many summers have you been at camp?
2. What cabin were you in during the summer of 2021?
In 2021, I was in Trailriders.
3. What is your favorite part about being a counselor at CRC?
My favorite part about being a counselor is spending time with my campers and teaching other campers to love their activities as much as I did!
4. What was your favorite memory from the summer of 2021?
Jumping in the lake with my age group… and going waterskiing!
5. What is your favorite camp memory of all time?
My Lakeview summer, after the Fourth of July festivities were done, my cabin all jumped in the lake together. It was so fun to be all together and we all felt so accomplished after such a fun day that we worked so hard on!
6. How do you stay in touch with your camp friends during the year?
We text, Zoom, FaceTime and have reunions. Anything to see my camp friends virtually or in person!
8. What are you most excited about for the summer of 2022?
I am most excited to see my campers be the oldest ones in camp and take on new leadership opportunities.
9. What do you do when you are not at camp?
I am a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania and I am studying philosophy, politics, and economics. I am involved in a female empowerment organization called OWN It where I am in charge of programming and marketing. I am also part of an Israeli consulting organization called Tamid. Otherwise, I like to spend time with friends and family!
10. Anything else you want to share with your Chippy family?
I am so lucky to be part of the Chippewa community!! It truly is the greatest place in the world.