Our October Staff Spotlight features Ellie Wise! Ellie is a counselor who always puts her campers first and genuinely cares about each and every person at Chippewa. She was a co-director of our waterskiing program in the summer of 2021 and she did a fantastic job helping campers advance in their skiing abilities. They were passing levels like crazy! We love Ellie and appreciate her love for camp. Thanks for all you bring to the CRC community, Ellie! Read below to learn a bit more about Ellie and her camp experiences.
1. How many summers have you been at camp?
I have been at camp for 9 summers. So 2022 will be my 10th!!
2. What cabin were you in during the summer of 2021?
I was in the cabin of Cactus.
3. What is your favorite part about being a counselor at CRC?
My favorite part about being a counselor at Chippewa is being able to watch all of my campers grow throughout the years. It is crazy coming back each year and seeing my campers with a new level of maturity but still being able to be their cute and silly selves.
4. What was your favorite memory from the summer of 2021?
I loved all of the memories I made being Tan and White neutral. It was really fun to see the “behind the scenes” of Tan and White and do it with two of my best friends!
5. What is your favorite camp memory of all time?
It is way too hard to choose one, but I made many of my favorite memories during CIT summer. I loved having the benefits of being both a camper and a counselor!
6. How do you stay in touch with your camp friends during the year?
Throughout the year my camp friends are constantly texting in our group chat. We FaceTime a bunch and I am currently trying to find a way to visit them at their schools.
8. What are you most excited about for the summer of 2022?
I am most looking forward to spending time with my age group, campers and cos.
9. What do you do when you are not at camp?
When I am not at camp, I am attending school at Tulane University on the pre-med track. When I am not studying, I love spending time with my friends and family.
10. Anything else you want to share with your Chippy family?
I am happy that I get to call Chippewa my summer home and I can’t wait for summer 2022!