Our October Staff Spotlight features Halle Greenbaum. Halle is an incredible counselor and staff member. She is compassionate, energetic and giving, and the Chippewa community certainly would not be the same without her. Halle is the type of person who actively looks for ways to make CRC a more connected, more fun and overall better place to be- and we are lucky to have her as a member of our staff team. Read below to learn all about Halle’s life both at camp and in the off-season.
1. How many summers have you been at camp?
9 summers (but if you count 2020 Cabin Rentals, 10!).
2. What cabin were you in during the summer of 2019?
In 2019, I was in Copper Stripes.
3. What is your favorite part about being a counselor at CRC?
I love being able to watch my campers enjoy camp as much as I did as a camper.
4. What was your favorite memory from the summer of 2019?
Either the CIT Trip or Songfest.
5. What is your favorite camp memory of all time?
Summer 2015 there was a meteor shower during the last week of camp, and after Request Night my cabin and I went to the North Field and recalled our favorite memories from the summer as we saw shooting stars.
6. How do you stay in touch with your camp friends during the year?
I keep in touch with my friends through social media as well as texting and FaceTiming as much as I can.
7. How did you stay connected to CRC during the summer of 2020?
This past summer, it was so hard not being with my camp friends, but I was able to stay connected to the Chippewa community by going to virtual campfires, babysitting my campers who live in Nashville, and constantly texting and talking to my age group.
8. What do you do when you are not at camp?
When I am not at camp, I am usually thinking about camp… but I stay busy playing lacrosse, being active in my local Jewish youth group, and co-leading a club for fifth and sixth-grade girls about kindness with fellow Chippy, Morgan Jacobs.
9. Anything else you want to share with your Chippy family?
I can’t wait for summer 2021 because I know it will be the best summer ever!