What Does Ruth Do During the Summer?
- Ruth receives visitors who come to camp
- She runs the office, manages the office staff, pays the bills, handles payroll, and deals with logistics
- She helps with many of the odds and ends that would otherwise go forgotten (snacks for staff meetings, making sure flowers and lawns are being properly watered, etc…)
- She helps oversee the “CRC Cooking Academy”
How Do the Kids Know Ruth?
- Kids come to the office all the time, sometimes just to say “Hi Ruth!”
- They love to come to see her dog, Puddin
- Girls see her as the camp grandmother
What’s the Most Fun Thing Ruth Does at Chippewa?
Ruth plans summer birthday parties with the girls. She starts with a pre-birthday consultation where she discusses the party and food options. She bakes bite sized samples of our various cake selections, and the camper gets to do a tasting with her before selecting the one she wants served to her cabin!
What Kind of an Example Does Ruth Set for Girls?
She displays patience and kindness.